The American Chemical Society, which is the professional organization for over 150,000 chemists, chemical engineers, and affiliated scientists:
- promotes the public's perceptions and understanding of chemistry and the chemical sciences thorough public outreach programs and public awareness campaigns
- involves the Society's members in improving the public's perception of chemistry
- assists federal and state governments with advice on scientific and technological issues involving the chemical sciences
- enriches professionals in academia and private industry through development programs, peer interactions, and continuing educational courses
- hosts national, regional and local section meetings for the exchanging of ideas, information and chemical research discoveries
- provides career development assistance and employment opportunities for students and professionals in academia and private industry
- fosters communication and understanding between members and the chemical industry, the government and the community to enhance the quality of scientific reasearch, support economic progress, and insure public health and safety
The Montana Section is made up of approximately 270 members from across the state.
Join us! We are looking for some fresh faces, and even familiar ones, to help with section activities. If you are interested in joining your fellow Montanans in the various activities listed above, please send us an email or contact any one of the current officers.